Part I. The Global Scene.
- The four themes that policy makers and corporate decision makers will have to attend to in the next 20 years or so.
- What we are seeing today – 4 months into this pandemic – is the true manifestation of the acceleration of the key 21st century mega trends
- US political scene (electoral vs science)
- The current administration needs to salvage the electorate and the economy amidst plunging demand and depression level unemployment
Part II. US Macroeconomic Outlook 2020-2021- Presented by: Managing Director and Chief Economist of Mizuho Securities USA
- The lockdown imposed on the U.S. economy in the wake of COVID-19, triggered an unexpected credit crunch of unprecedented proportions both on households and the non-financial corporate sector. Due to this exogenous shock to the system, the second quarter could easily experience a 20% or more decline in real economic activity.
- What will the recovery look like?
- Fiscal Policy response – Monetary Policy stimulus – Fed’s Interest Rate strategy and Budget outlook through 2021